How to uninstall Symantec antivirus software without password?
When you uninstall Symantec antivirus software from the control panel, it pops for the password by default the password “ symantec “ If this password is not accepting then it can be removed by this method.
Note : Before you make changes in registry , Take backup copy of the registry.
1) Click on start > regedit
2) In the Registry Navigate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARESymantecSymantec Endpoint ProtectionSMC then look for smcexit or smcexit-test and delete it
3) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARESymantecSymantec Endpoint ProtectionSMC. Look for the smcinstdata key delete it.
4) Go to Add/remove programs, Select Symantec Antivirus program without password.
How to remove Symantec antivirus plug-in from outlook 2010 ?
Latest version of Symantec Antivirus has plug in for outlook 2010 which scan all incoming mails and remove any virus with attachments or mail content.
This plug in is automatically added when Latest version of Symantec Antivirus installed. In some cases this plug-in degrade the performance of the outlook or causing some errors when you open outlook. Plug in can be removed by this method
1) In outlook 2010, go to the file menu and then click option.
2) Click on the “Add-ins” option, which is on the left side of the window
3) Click on the drop-down menu next to “Manage” on the bottom of the window. Then Click Go
4) Remove the check from the box next to “Symantec Antivirus” or “LDVP.”
This will fix the outlook errors and improve the performance