You Will Learn to Fix
- BitLocker does not turn ON even with TPM Chip
- Windows 10 does not turned ON BitLocker
- This device can’t use a Trusted Platform Module
When We were upgrading our Computers from Windows 7 to Windows10 Enterprise version.One of the challenge was to enable BitLocker ON Windows10 installed on Dell computers which is integrated with have TPM (Trusted Platform Module) chip, but were not able to turn ON BitLocker.
Reason Why does BitLocker does not turn ON Even with TPM chip (Trusted Platform Module).
1) In Bios set the boot mode should be in UEFI
2) Windows should be 64 bit OS
3) check your device manager shows up Security Devices, under which shows up Trusted Platform Module 2.0 or not
4) Open MMC by typing TPM.MSC, in this console check for status TPM is ready to use not
5) Go to BIOS click on Security then on TPM 2.0 Security, if this is missing then computer does not have TPM chip
6) If TPM chip is present Turn On by ticking on TPM ON, PPI ByPass Enable commands, SHA-226, Attestation Enable, Key storage enable and Enable
7) In the device manager shows up Security Devices, under which Trusted Platform Module 2.0 does not shows up, then need to tick clear in TPM settings (Security > TPM 2.0 Security >clear)
8) Download the firmware for TPM from Dell site and update the firmware.
If you still find problem in fixing the issue, please do comment below and will support you to resolve the problem.
If you are looking for Good Laptops with big discount Click here