I ran into a problem to install office 2010 on windows machine. The error Ms office 2010 cannot find officelr.cab , After much investigation found that previous version of office was not uninstalled properly and some of the files and registry entries was causing the problem to install office 2010 on the machine.
Below list of Steps will fix the Installation error
- Copy the Entire Office Software to the Local machine Hard drive and run the setup.exe file.
- Renaming the “MSOcashe”, which was only available when I has the install program running.
- Open Regedit then Delete Hkey_local_machinesoftwaremicrosoftoffice folder
If the above solution could not help you solve the problem.
- Open this link (Diagnose and fix program ) on the problem machine
- Uninstall the software relating to Microsoft office
- Reboot the computer
- Install the Office software.