I ran into a problem to install office 2010 on windows machine. The error Ms office 2010 cannot find officelr.cab , After much investigation found that previous version of office was not uninstalled properly and some of the files and registry entries was causing the problem to install office 2010 on the machine.
Below list of Steps will fix the Installation error
- Copy the Entire Office Software to the Local machine Hard drive and run the setup.exe file.
- Renaming the “MSOcashe“, which was only available when I has the install program running.
- Open Regedit then Delete Hkey_local_machinesoftwaremicrosoftoffice folder
If the above solution could not help you solve the problem.
- Open this link (Diagnose and fix program ) on the problem machine
- Uninstall the software relating to Microsoft office
- Reboot the computer
- Install the Office software.
The same fix works for office 2013, as this has been common problem on all version of office.
You Might Also like To Know….
- Wipe Hard drive – Delete Files Permanently
- Windows Recovery Environment for windows 7 startup problems
- Windows Data Deduplication feature
- Windows 10 Problems Errors and Fixes | Solution from Experts.
- Why SSD drive Perform better in Windows 10 ?
- Why does BitLocker does not turn ON Even with TPM chip.
- Why Cisco AnyConnect VPN not working in windows 10? Expert fix
- What is hibernation in Windows 10 computer?
- What is Hibernation in computer? List of advantage and disadvantage
- VMware workstation Could not detect which operating system in the disc image