Let us show you how you can set up a push Gmail account on your iPhone.
By following this tutorial, you can also configure it to sync your contact and calendar.
Before you start, please note that Google sync only work with iPhone firmware 3.0 and above
1. Tap on the Settings.app icon on the home page
2. Scroll down and open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account
4. Select Microsoft Exchange.
5. In the Email field, enter your Gmail address.
Leave the Domain field blank.
Enter your Google’s Username and Password.
Once done, tap Save. You might see the “Unable to verify certificate” error message. Select Accept.
6. A new Server input field will now appear. Enter “m.google.com“. Tap Next to continue.
7. Select the Google services that you want to sync. For me, I activated all the available synchronization services. Tap Done.
Google sync Push notification services is now set up.
To activate the push notification, you need to turn the Push feature on in the iPhone Settings section.
At the Mail, Contacts, Calendar section, tap Fetch New Data
Make sure that the Push is turned to ON.
2. The push notification can be very draining on your battery life. If you value your battery life much more than the push technology, turn the Push feature OFF for optimal performance.