To Recall message from Lotus notes
* Click ont he sent folder or All Documents View, select the message
* Right Click on the message and choose Recall
* In the sent view click the Recall message action button
These Choices opens to Recall the message
Three options for the recall
* Select recipients, if the message was sent to multiple people, it can be recalled from everyone or just the people you select
* Recall the message even if has been read by the recipeint
* Send a report back to the sender about the success of the recall from each recipient
Lotus notes 8.5 has powerful feature Prevent others from recalling message to you
While message recall is a powerful feature for message sender, a single Mail Preference ( click More action button and choose Preferences) Set by the recipient can disallow other people from recalling messages sent to them.
This setting is enabled by default,so you must deselect it if you don’t want other people to recall message sent to you.
Note: Domino Administrator must also enable message recall on the server. it is off by default.
Several Caveats to using recall Message:
* Message recall works only for the messages you send, not meeting invitations or TO DO tasks
* Messages deleted by the recipient but not removed from Trash still message can be recalled
* Message recall works only email sent to Lotus notes users.
* signatures ar checked, only recall messages that you have sent and only ones sent from your mail application. if you have delegated your mail to an assistant that person won’t be able to recall messages that you have sent.
- Related Blogs on recall message