Bootcamp is a multi-boot utility integrated with Apple computer systems Mac OS X that helps user to install Microsoft Windows Operating systems on Intel-based Macintosh computers. Bootcamp on Mac computers helps which Operating System to choose MAc OS or Windows.
Install Windows 7 on your Mac using Boot Camp
- Windows 7 Operating system Disk
- OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard operating system disk
- 10 GB free hard disk space (16 GB is recommended for Windows 7
Installing Windows 7 via Boot Camp :
- Navigate to Applications -> Utilities and double-click Boot Camp Assistant.
- Click Continue on the initial Introduction screen. Ignore the fact that it doesn’t mention Windows 7 as a possible OS to install
- Partition the disk with more than 16GB so that you can install application programs and other software’s. To allocate the hard disk space, drag the divider to change the size of the partitions.
- Bootcamp hard drive gets listed on the Desktop.
- Insert Windows 7 Disk, Start Installation, Mac computer will restart, prompt with question on which partition win7 to install.
- Select Bootcamp partition,format the disk, continue with Win7 installation process.
- Once the Win7 installation completes remove the disk and reboot the computer.
- Insert your OS X Leopard (or Snow Leopard) DVD. When prompted, select Run setup.exe, Open folder to view files”, navigate to the Bootcamp folder, and run setup.exe. Bootcamp launcher will launch the application and continue by clicking Next, complete the process.
- Apple Software Update for Windows should be checked in and updates the software.
- Once the sotware gets updated, the system will reboot the computer.
- When your Mac boots, hold down the Option key to select which Operating System to choose MAc OS or Windows 7.
Boot Camp Questions :
- Does Bootcamp install windows Drivers?
Boot Camp installs Windows drivers instantly, including video drivers. Older version BootCamp does not some of the device drivers which are now solved by the last version of BootCamp 2.0 provided with MacOS X 10.5 “Leopard” provides more complete driver support.
- How do I change the size with the Windows partition created by BootCamp after set up?
Formally, We cannot or reduce the size of the Windows partition after it’s produced with BootCamp, only eliminate it completely. Other way is to change the partition size using Unix tools and iPartition.
How can I uninstall Windows using BootCamp?
- Start up in Mac OS X.
- .Quit all open programs and log out any other users on your computer.
- Open Boot Camp Assistant.
- Select “Create or remove and Windows partition” and click Continue.
- click “Restore” if the computer has a single disk or “select the disk with Windows on it, and select ‘Restore to a single Mac OS partition’ and click Continue”