I configuring a Back Up system which involves an existing installation of Veritas back up exec 10. I notice that the media sets “delete” option is grayed out.
- How can I delete the media sets?
- Also, what do you recommend I use for settings for the overwrite protection?
- If it’s on full protect, can it still overwrite after the overwrite period has expired?
Steps to delete a media set in Veritas Back up Exec 10
- In Veritas Backup Exec 10, go to Media section, Media set.
- If you have any configured media set and would like to delete that, first move the media label to scratch media or Retire Media, depending on the tape. If the tape is no longer used move to retire media, if not move to scratch media.
- Once you complete moving all the media labels, then right click on the media set delete option will be enabled.
- Configure your Backup jobs To Append to media, overwrite if no append able media is available