1) unable to open the documents when trying to open from internet
2) Excel 2013 Pro won’t open files when double-clicking the file.
Press the Windows logo key+R (to open the Run dialog box).
Type services.msc, and then click OK.
In the Services window, Right-click Windows Firewall, and then click Start.
Go to Control Panel, Folder Options, File Types, scroll down to and select (XLS, XLSx, DOC or DOCx), click Advanced, select Open, click the Edit button.
Now uncheck “Use DDE” and then put your cursor on the Application box, arrow all the way to the right and put in “%1” (include the quote marks), If there is a /dde remove it. click OK.
File > Options > Advanced > General Section > Tick the option “Ignore other application that use Dynamic Data Exchange”
Other helpful Topics:
- MS Word Hyperlinks not working after Converting to PDF
- Fix – MS Office Setup Error: Office 16 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component
- 28 Best computer fixes from Tech Guys blog