When installing Visio 2016 to already installed Office 2016 computer, the error “Office 16 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component 64 bit Registration as error shown in below image. Visio was 32 bit version and was trying to addon to Office version 64bit and this problem occurs on Computers which has Windows 7 64bit and Windows 10 64bit.
To resolve Office 16 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component 64 bit Registration error, follow below steps:
- Go to Start > Run (or Winkey + R)
- Type “installer” (that opens the %windir%installer folder), make sure all files are visible in Windows (Folder Settings)
- Add the column “Subject” (and make it at least 400 pixels wide) – Right click on the column headers, click More, then find Subject
- Sort on the Subject column and scroll down until you locate the name mentioned in your error screen (“Office 15 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component”)
- Right click the MSI and choose uninstall, then start the installation of Visio again.
The Fix can be applied to when you install Visio 32bit or Microsoft Project 32bit version on a computer which already has 64bit version of Microsoft Office Product.
If you found this fix helpful or any suggestion would like to provide please do comment below
You Might Also like To Know….