When We were upgrading all our Computers from Windows7 to Windows10 Enterprise version.One of challenge was to enable Bitlocker on Windows10 installed on Dell computers. Dell computers have TPM chip but were not able to turn on bitlocker.
Reason Why does Bit locker does not turn on Even with Trusted Platform Module.
1) In Bios set the boot mode should be in UEFI
2) Windows should be 64 bit OS
3) check your device manager shows up Security Devices, under which shows up Trusted Platform Module 2.0 or not
4) Open MMC by typing TPM.MSC, in this console check for status TPM is ready to use not
5) Go to BIOS click on Secuirty then on TPM 2.0 Security, if this is missing then computer does not have TPM chip
6) If TPM chip is present Turn On by ticking on TPM ON, PPI ByPass Enable commands, SHA-226, Attestation Enable, Key storage enable and Enable
7) In the device manager shows up Security Devices, under which shows up Trusted Platform Module 2.0 does not shows up, then need to tick clear in BIOS (Security > TPM 2.0 Security >clear)
8) Download the firmware for TPM from Dell site and update the firmware.