To resolve this issue, try the following steps:
- Go to Start > Run (or Winkey + R)
- Type “installer” (that opens the %windir%installer folder), make sure all files are visible in Windows (Folder Settings)
- Add the column “Subject” (and make it at least 400 pixels wide) – Right click on the column headers, click More, then find Subject
- Sort on the Subject column and scroll down until you locate the name mentioned in your error screen (“Office 15 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component”)
- Right click the MSI and choose uninstallThen try your installation again.
You can also watch this Video: How to fix MS Office Setup Error: Office 16 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component
Read the latest car news and check out newest photos, articles, and more from the Car and Driver Blog.