A Collection of useful Built in shortcut keys in Windows. These Shortcuts Will Save Time and reduces number of Mouse clicks, increases work productivity.
Table Of Contents
- 1 List of Built in shortcut keys in Windows
- 2 How to find host name of Windows computer without Logging?
- 3 How to hide all open Windows?
- 4 Shortcut keys for frequent use Application or Program
- 5 How to Split Screen in Windows?
- 6 How to Take a Screenshot or Screen clipping
- 7 Regularly use Easy Shortcut keys in Windows
- 8 Hide or Show Files & folder on Windows 10
List of Built in shortcut keys in Windows
How to find host name of Windows computer without Logging?
At Windows Logon screen type in .username username can be Administrator or local account. below the password screen window visible with hostname.
How to hide all open Windows?
If you have open many Windows in your computer and want to Hide immediately to protect against other eyeballs, use this Built in shortcut key Press Windows key + M Minimize all open Windows.
Press Windows key + D Display and hide the desktop.
Shortcut keys for frequent use Application or Program
If you are frequently using an Application or Program and want to launch every time searching in program files or in app. This shortcut tip is very useful and reduces time and number of clicks
Example: If You are using Power point frequently, then create your Shortcut by this method
- In the search bar type Power Point and pin to task bar
- Place the Power point in task bar to position 1 – shown in image
- PowerPoint is in first position on your taskbar, you can now open PowerPoint at any time by simply pressing Windows key + 1 on your keyboard
Same can be followed for next application, key note is here What position the application is place on task bar. Is it in position 1,2,3,4, base on this number, if you Pressing WWindows key+1, Windows key+2, Windows key+3, Windows key+4 respective program or application will launch.
How to Split Screen in Windows?
Split Screen is very useful when you want to compare or copy content from page to another, to find the difference, when you single Monitor.use the below keyboard shortcuts.
- Windows key + ↑ maximize a non-maximized window
- Windows key + ↓ minimize a non-minimized window
- Windows key + → snap a window to the right side of your screen
- Windows key + ← snap a Window to the left side of your screen
To arrange a each window into four corners of your computer screen using split screen use below shortcuts
- Windows key + ← or → to snap the window to left or right side of your Monitor screen
- Windows key + ↑ or ↓ to snap the window into the top or bottom of your Monitor screen
Tip: If you split screen two PowerPoint files side-by-side, you can click and drag slides between two files (creating copies of the slide in the new presentation file.).
How to Take a Screenshot or Screen clipping
Press Keys Windows key + Shift + S freezes your screen to capture the required window, then crop the image and saves to clipboard. you will get notification click on it and save the file or again do changes required.
Regularly use Easy Shortcut keys in Windows
|Windows Keyboard shortcut||Functions in Windows|
|Windows key + V||Clipboard history|
|Windows key + C||Open Cortana for voice input|
|Windows key + S||Open Search|
|Windows key + I||Open Settings|
|Windows key + A||Open Action Center|
|Windows key + X||Open Quick Link menu|
|Windows key + Left arrow||Snap active window to the left|
|Windows key + Right arrow||Snap active window to the right|
|Windows key + Up arrow||Maximize the current window|
|Windows key + Down arrow||Minimize or remove current window|
|Windows key+ Ctrl + D||Create a new virtual desktop|
|Windows key+ Ctrl + Left arrow||Cycle virtual desktops to the left|
|Windows key+ Ctrl + Right arrow||Cycle virtual desktops to the right|
|Windows key + TAB||Access all desktops and apps in Task View|
|Windows key+ G||Open Game bar|
|Windows key+ Alt + G||Record the last 30 seconds Audio|
|Windows key + Alt + R||Start and stop recording|
If Windows Key is not working, check this fix on Windows Key or button not working
Hide or Show Files & folder on Windows 10
Open File Explorer and press Alt + V and then two times H, H key
You Might Also like To Know….