Orca is a Windows Installer package editor provided as part of the Windows Installer SDK and designed to provide full access to the database tables that compose a Windows Installer package. While Orca provides powerful access to all features of the Windows Installer, it is not intended to replace a full-featured package-authoring environment.
Orca can be used to create and edit Windows Installer databases. These include installation databases (.msi files), merge modules (.msm files), database patches (.msp files), database transforms (.mst files), validation modules (.cub files), and patch creation (.pcp files.) This document describes features available in Orca 3.0, provided as part of the Windows Installer SDK for the Windows Installer version 3.0. It is capable of creating and editing databases designed to use the new features of Windows Installer version 3.0.
When installing Orca software on windows 7 – 64bit computer, an error occurred with message Msi Error Code 2356 .
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing the package, This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2356
To fix the issue, uninstalled and reinstalled but could not help in fixing the problem.After much search on the net, were unable to find the fix.
The problem got fixed by clearly checking the settings on the Orca software.
- Open the Orca software, then Tools, Options, then database
- Enable this option – copy embedded streams during “Save As”
Setting changed on the software and were able to fix the error Msi Error Code 2356
You Might Also like To Know….
- What is Hibernation in computer? List of advantage and disadvantage
- How to remove all hyperlinks in Word document with shortcut key
- How to reset user account Password in Windows 7?
- How to enable and disable USB Ports in Windows?
- How to Fix computer with Annoying beep
- How to Remote Access into client computer
- Remote Desktop Login Without Password (or With Blank Null Password)
- Disk Scrubber, a powerful tool that removes data from your hard disk securely
- 2 Easy Ways to recover deleted photos
- How to Clean your Desktop and Laptop Computer ?