You will learn how Recover Bitlocker keys and break recovery loop for Standalone Windows PC. These are common problems home users face and always end in losing data by formatting the Computer.
How to break the Windows 10 Bitlocker recovery loop?
Due to sudden crash of system, booting windows10 unsuccessful and repeatedly prompting for Bitlocker recovery key, You have Bitlocker key which is 48-digit recovery password kept printed or stored on a USB flash drive or with your Microsoft Account online. Though you enter the correct recovery key, it keeps prompting for key when you boot computer.
- How to break the Windows 10 Bitlocker recovery loop?
- When computer boots and prompt for Bitlocker recovery key, skip this step, select this Drive.
- Select Troubleshoot > Select Advanced options > Select Command Prompt
- In Command prompt window, type command “manage-bde.exe -unlock C: -rp “
- Suspend Windows 10 Operating system drive protection “manage-bde.exe -protectors -disable C:”
- Exit from command prompt, continue to boot the computer into Windows 10 Operating system.
How to recover Bitlocker key for a standalone computer?
A question always asked, how to recover Bitlocker key if it is standalone computer? if the user does not have stored keys on USB disk, on cloud or not written down somewhere, this situation will be put on hold, Without recover keys it is impossible to unlock and get onto computer.
You will be surprised that Bitlocker recovery keys can get it from Microsoft site, All the required information are available in your Recovery key page on your computer.
Let me explain the steps to recover Bitlocker key for a Standalone computer.
- Login into https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey
- Enter your Microsoft account login details
- you will find the recovery keys
Enter the keys into your recovery key field and system will boot in to your windows computer.
Then to be safer side, you write down the keys and want to reset or generate new Bitlocker key