Cisco AnyConnect VPN client is widely used by corporates. Now everyone are working from home and rely on VPN for connecting to corporate network. Relating to VPN not working in windows 10 and other Most common problems are reporting to IT helpdesk are
Why my VPN connection keeps dropping?
Why VPNconnection keeps dropping?
Why is my VPN connection so slow?
Why VPN connection failed?
Why vpn not working in windows 10?
If you have any one of the above problems or any other, here are steps to fix cisco AnyConnect VPN Problems.
- Preliminary checks:
- You need to check your internet speed is good, check using internet speed test
- You need to check with your ISP that they have not blocked VPN Protocols on your connection, VPN protocols are :
- Internet Protocol Security (IPSec)
- Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)
- Point–to–Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)
- SSL and TLS
- If your Windows 10 computer has been in sleep mode or in hibernation mode before, reboot your computer.
- If any Windows update pending, update it. type in search box Settings, select settings>update & Security>Windows update.
- If your company has set password policy, need to reset the password.
Cisco AnyConnect VPN client Fixes :
- Right click on task bar and open task manager, then Details, scroll down look for process vpngui.exe and vpnui.exe, Right click and end task.
- Switch to different VPN access location and try connecting with your Windows credentials
- Uninstall the Cisco AnyConnect VPN, then reboot your computer and install the latest version of Cisco AnyConnect VPN client.
- For second level authentication if your using DUO APP, make sure your mobile has good data connectivity to approve the Push notification within seconds
- If Push notification does not work, you can key in Windows password and 6 digit duo code in your Cisco AnyConnect VPN client. Example format Key in password like this [email protected]$$w0rd,534211
- If your computer has Sophos Endpoint Antivirus, Turn off the tamper protection feature. Any other Antivirus software, look for tamper protections and disable it .
We apply these fixes to resolve the VPN connection problems for Windows 10 Computer. If you have any other fixes please do comment.
If you need any assistance or support please do contact us and Happy to support.
You Might Also like To Know….