You will Learn How to
- Create a domain user account profile on remote computer connecting over VPN
- Create Domain user account profile over VPN on Windows computers
Desktop support Engineers must have come across a situation where you need to create Domain user profile over VPN (virtual Private network) for a remote user computer. You would have thought the user profile can be created only if the system is connected to LAN or within your office network. If the user is sale person or consultant who sits in Client locations at the time we cannot ask the user to ship the machine to your local office to fix the problem, this include cost and time.
Below suggested method helps to create Domain user profile over VPN and is applicable to all windows flavor(Windows 10, Windows 7,Window XP and Windows Vista)
Steps by Step to create Domain user profile over VPN
- Login as Administrator
- Connect to VPN(Virtual Private network)
- Open the command prompt window
Run this command : Please note: Change the user id ( Ex: knev) and domain name ittechsolution.com
C:\runas /user:"ittechsolution.com\knev" "explorer/separate"
Enter the password for ittechsolution.com\knev:
Attempting to start explorer/separate as user "ittechsolution\knev" ...
RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run – explorer/separate
2: The system cannot find the file specified.
Now the User profile created.
Log off from Administrator and login with newly created used id in this case knev ( instruct the user to login on to domain with his user id and password)
- Login with user credentials
- Connect to VPN ( If VPN profile missing, create it)
- Configure the user Outlook profile, printers and necessary setting required.
I Hope this easy method help you in creating Domain user Profile over VPN. Please leave you comment
You Might Also like To Know….
- How To Recover Bitlocker keys and break recovery loop for Standalone PC?
- How To connect to VPN through Windows 10 VPN client ?
- Successful Methods for Recovering Lost Data
- Resolving STOP Errors in Windows 10
- Why SSD drive Perform better in Windows 10 ?
- Why Cisco AnyConnect VPN not working in windows 10? Expert fix
- Caution |How To handle Your Computer Gets a Ransomware alert?
- How To set-up Virtual Background for Online Meetings?
- How to identify processor is compatible with Windows 10?