You will Learn How to
- Create a domain user account profile on remote computer connecting over VPN
- Create Domain user account profile over VPN on Windows computers
Desktop support Engineers must have come across a situation where you need to create Domain user profile over VPN (virtual Private network) for a remote user computer. You would have thought the user profile can be created only if the system is connected to LAN or within your office network. If the user is sale person or consultant who sits in Client locations at the time we cannot ask the user to ship the machine to your local office to fix the problem, this include cost and time.
The Below suggested method to create Domain user profile over VPN is applicable to all windows flavor(Windows10,Windows7,Window XP and Windows Vista)
Following steps helps to create Domain user account over VPN
- Login as Administrator
- Connect to VPN(Virtual Private network)
- Open the command prompt window
Run this command :
Please note: Change the user id ( Ex: knev)
C:>runas /user:”ittechsolution.comknev” “explorer/separate”
Enter the password for ittechsolution.comknev:
Attempting to start explorer/separate as user “ittechsolutionknev” …
RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run – explorer/separate
2: The system cannot find the file specified.
User profile created.
Log off from Administrator and login with newly created used id in this case knev ( you now instruct the user to login on to domain with his user id and password)
- Login with user credentials
- Connect to VPN ( If VPN profile missing, create it)
- Configure the user Outlook profile, printers and necessary setting required.